Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mmmmittens!!!

So my hubby needed some new mittens so I thought, hey, I'll knit some!

I've always wanted to try making thrummed mittens, and they turned out pretty good. I couldnt find any "real" roving locally and didn't want to wait any longer so I found some roving thats a little different. It was not spun, but seperated into 4 strands, kinda funky but it did the trick.

Here they are!


Well, that was after I finished the first one. They are now a complete pair and he loves them, they are so warm!


Here is a pic of the inside, you will see what I mean about the roving I used.



These were a fun knit. No pattern, made it up as I went along.

I was reading blogs the other day when I came across this Hot Cocoa, Beat the Winter Blahs Swap. I am going to sign up, the registration date is December 16th. It sounds like a lot of fun, go check it out!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

WOW!! Another Nova Scotia knitter/blogger. Pleased to "meet" you :) I followed you here from your post on Ninja Knitter.
I've got a pair of thrummed mittens on the go.

December 20, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I followed over from Dorothy's blog!
hi!

December 30, 2007 at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home