Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ok, so heres what I want to accomplish this year:

  • Finish the mittens I am working on for myself. (almost done just the tip of one mitten and the two thumbs left and its an FO)
  • Knit another pair of Thrummed Mittens with the beautiful roving that the Ninja Knitter so graciously sent me. Thanks Ninja I love it!!
  • Make a Brea Bag (I love this bag, and have been eyeing it for a long time)Buy a book of stitches. I rarely follow patterns, and when I do its usually just a "guideline". I love designing my own patterns, but often lack inspiration because I don't know how to create all those fancy stitches without a stitch pattern.
  • Make a sweater, preferably a raglan. I like this and this and this and this. Though I love this, like most of the blogosphere. (Soo many choices!)
  • Knit socks. I've knit one pair of socks in 2007, my very first pair ever. They were maid of Bernat Satin worsted weight. Quick knit, turned out quite well I am rather proud. Thing is I can only wear them around the house because they are so thick. Need to make more socks in actual sock yarn! Some patterns I want to knit are Jaywalkers and Monkey among others which I am too lazy to look up right now.
  • Finish Razor Cami which I started oh, say 2 years ago!!!
  • Buy a button for my Amanda Squatty felted purse which I made last fall so I can use it!
  • Experiment more with felting, that was fun!
  • Play around with more intricate cables.
  • Learn how to knit continental because I think I have carpel tunnel, I have heard knitting continental style is easier on your wrists.
  • Start using my sewing machine more, maybe make a quilt and learn to hem pants instead of asking my mom to do it for me. I know how, watched her do it dozens of times, I've just never done it!


    Thats about it for now, I'm sure I will think of more later.



    Oh, here is what I won over at the Ninja Knitter's contest last month!




    Isn't she the greatest?!! That's Opal sock yarn and some yummy roving which I can't wait to use in some thrummed mittens! It's almost too pretty to break apart!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ninja Knitter said...

Whooo, I'm late on this...but I'm so glad that you like the yarn and the roving! Also glad that it got there ok. :)

January 27, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home