Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Topic #2

"Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?"

I haven't had the time to do much knitting lately. Just a few rows here and there. I do have a few things on the needles though. I've decided to try to use my stash more so I am making an afghan in large strips that I will later sew together. It's nothing fancy, just garter stitch, nice for watching movies and mindless knitting. I'm using random balls from my stash that I don't already have plans for. I'm also making a pair of mittens for myself which I started a month or so ago. So yes, my knitting has changed to match the season. I guess you could say my yarn has changed for the season...I have been using wool a bit more lately, mainly for mittens.

In other news, I am off today and tomorrow!! What a relief. I've been pretty stressed out lately about a lot of things. I'm going to try my best to relax and enjoy my days off.

Here's what I have planned:

Because it looked like this when I opened the door this morning:

Just a few days ago all the snow had melted and we had beautiful spring weather. Now we have at least 6 inches of snow on the ground and they're calling for more. I do like the snow, watching the snow through the window while I'm warm and toasty, snuggled up in a blanket. I just don't like the cold that comes with it. Brrrrrrr!

Oh, we bought a Yoga Zone DVD for beginners last week. I flipped through it the other day and it looks pretty fun and relaxing! I've never done Yoga before but wanted to give it a try not only for exercise but to try to relax myself. I might give it a try tonight or tomorrow. :)

One last thing...if you haven't seen "Wedding Daze" yet, go rent it. We laughed so hard our bellies hurt!


2 Comments:

Blogger lulubelle said...

OMG! That book is AWESOME!!
I've read it a few times and I have it on audiobook...it's a great one to listen and knit to.

Excellent reading choice :)

January 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

You have a great choice in mugs :)
I've got the same ones ... my winter mugs.
Have a good day!

January 18, 2008 at 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home