Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Topic of the week #3

What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood?

Hmmm, I have lots of random memories from my childhood. I remember standing up in my crib in the middle of the night watching my parents sleep (crib was in their room). Not sure how old I was, prob only a year or so. That's my earliest memory.

I remember being excited for the easter bunny. Each year I swore I could smell chocolate the day before Mr. Bunny came. My parents always laughed and called me silly. I thought it was the magic of the easter bunny. Years later when i found out there was no bunny, I realized that it was actually the chocolate my parents were hiding from us that I was smelling. Oh to be young and innocent again!

Then there was the time my younger brother and I were playing "horsey" on the broom in the kitchen. My mom was yelling at us to be careful, as there was a wood stove in the kitchen, we were going to get hurt. We didn't bother to pay attention to her and kept on playing, minutes later while galloping along I fell into the wood stove and burned my arm. I was only 3, maybe 4 years old. I remember falling, then seeing my arm under the tap of the tub, my parents very worried, I was crying but I don't remember the actual pain. That healed up pretty well, a few months later I fell off (actually I think my older brother pushed me) off a 3 foot step and I broke that same arm. That healed pretty well too. When it came time for my doctor to take the cast off he used scissors, (guess they didn't have the buzzy thing back then) and he accidently cut the inside of my arm in 2 spots. It was a pretty good cut too...I still have the scars! After going through all that, a few months later my brothers and I thought it would be fun to toss a ball back and forth through a window. I was on the inside, they were on the outside, we were having great fun. Until the window came smashing down on my fingers. Yes, on the same arm that I broke and burnt earlier. I was lucky that I didn't break them but they were pretty swollen for a few days.

I think this is when all my bad luck started. If something insanely crazy and twisted is going to happen, it will happen to me. Trust me. I have the worst luck. The kind where you lose your speech for a moment and all you can think is WTF?

Like the time I was pulling into the local dump. Ha ha, of all places. I was there to pick up a friend who worked there. It was a busy Saturday morning, huge lineup. I drove past the lineup, and had to cut through the first of the lineup to get to where I needed to go. Right when I was in between the lineup, the front tire fell off my car. Literally. I was so embarrassed. I pulled out my cell and called a tow truck. Waited almost an hour for them to come. Meanwhile everyone was staring at me and commenting on it. It was a bit of a junker anyway, but I had been to the garage the day before to get an axle or something replaced. Turns out someone forgot to put a bolt on. What are the chances?!

Then there's the time when my muffler fell off in the middle of the road. I was too embarrassed to go back and pick it up. Meanwhile my car sounded like a freight train. Yup, same car at the time.

Wow, I'm starting to ramble. I could go on all day about the silliness that happens to me, not only with my car. Unfortunately I've got a busy day ahead of me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Congratulations on your win in the marshmallow contest. Marsha Mallow is awfully cute!

January 24, 2008 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home